ZEST founder Jenni Gritters has spent her career building stories, organizational structures, teams and companies.
- At MedTech Boston, Jenni built a freelance network, designed a revenue-driving sponsored content and events system, launched an internship program, and increased the MedTech Boston audience to 5x its initial readership.
- At Upworthy, Jenni launched and ran the website's freelance and licensed content program. She created a pitch pipeline, story budget system, editing structure, workflow and more. She brought in hundreds of pieces per month through this program; when she left Upworthy, the freelance and licensing program accounted for more than 10 million page views per month.
- At Upworthy, Jenni assisted the editorial director with restructuring the editorial team. This involved introducing new processes for pitching, running meetings, gathering feedback, collecting data, hiring and conducting performance reviews.
- At Wirecutter, Jenni joined the newly formed Outdoors team and built new workflows for adding high quality visuals to long-form reviews.
- At the Seattle Times, Jenni assisted with audience engagement strategy for the Education Lab. This involved running content audits, brainstorming on social media improvements and conducting headline-writing workshops, among other things.
We work with you to identify your needs and desired outcomes.
We can build new data systems, create efficient team workflows, launch new verticals or special projects, help with ad hoc project management, and more. Together, we'll build a pathway for bringing your storytelling dreams to life.